Monday 26 October 2009

Kirkcaldy Fall '09 Jam Review

Hai Gaiz!!

Here's my re-cap of the Kirkcaldy jam. Unfortunately, due to some drunken escapades in Leeds, I wasn't able to be there the whole day. But my train arrived at 1pm so I'll tell you what happened from then on ;)

As I said before, I arrived at the Kirkcaldy jam at 1pm, this past Saturday (26th). All of the guys who attended were nice enough to be waiting for me there, as I have only been to "kdy" once before...the weather was really rainy and grey throughout the whole country on Saturday, but after a couple of hurried texts, everyone decided to come out to train anyway.

The first place we went to (after grabbing some lunch from Tesco) was a multi-story car park. As it was raining at this moment, we really tried to keep to sheltered (roofed-in) areas, to avoid "catching the greyness" of the day... I'm not sure which car-park this was, but I do know that we had about an hour's woth of fun here. We trained different climbing techniques to go up and down the stories, we trained "ground zero" stuff, as we traversed one of the outside walls without touching the ground, and closer to the end of our car-park time, we found a nice set of corner rails to practice some flowing movement. Cameron (Street Devils) was the only guy who had a camera on him that day, so I think he got some pretty good footage from our efforts..

After the car-park, the skies began clearing up a little, so we braved the outside and proceeded to the Kirkcaldy beach area. here we found an interesting Kong-Precision over a VERY cold fast running stream..after a couple of tries by "Jonathan the Brave", I along with a couple of more guys removed our shoes and gave it a try. It was some pretty scary stuff, but we did manage to make it across (most of us) without getting ourselves extremely wet and cold.. After this spot, we went along to some BIG abandoned concrete blocks just laying there in the sand (I think these were either building foundations, or left-overs from some kind of war) and here I practiced some "runs"..it was very interesting trying to find different routes through the blocks..

Further along the beach, though, we all found a place with some soft sand to practice flips into. Here, we spent about an hour and a half, and some of the landed tricks were a Double Cork (off of a big block, by Wilson), an aerial twist by one of the guys (sorry forgot your name!), and Jonathan came really close to landing some of his first front flips! :D

After spending some "quality" time with the blocks, we went back towards town, practicing some big drops (big jumps and landings) into sand, and just generally trying to find a more interesting spot. We eventually came to right outside of tesco, where we practiced trying to stay quiet while moving across concrete terrain...the day ended soon after, and as I sat on the train on my way back, I thought it was another jam well run! Seriously, I think we've had a lucky streak or something, looking by how good all of our events for the past month or two have been!

I hope you guys enjoyed this review, and I hope to see you at our next gathering! We are either planning to go train with the Urban Elite guys in Glasgow, or go to an Edinburgh gymnastics gym training session next!

-Rustic

No comments:

Post a Comment